About Me

My photo
Nothing much about me. I'm just a regular girl, studies in a regular school, do nothing but regular stuffs..BUT I AM MADLY OBSESSED WITH LEEHOM!!
(= welcome and stay as long as you want =)

Monday, January 6, 2014

Say something, I'm giving up on you.

Well, I'm not really giving up on anything. It's just the song that was stuck in my mind.

So, hi. After not touching you for more than a year, I am back.

I noticed that I'm more likely to blog whenever I read. I just got back to reading novels after a long gap in between, oh, how I missed the feeling of frustration and the flooding of my emotions, pouring out like it had been confined for an eternal.

So this reading thing restarted out with Allegiant, the final installment of Veronica Roth's Divergent trilogy. I loved Divergent and Insurgent, both which I read in Switzerland, and I was dying for the third book. I remember googling information about the third book and all I got was Veronica Roth's joke about the third book's title would be Detergent. Anyways after a year of *agonizing (not so)* waiting, I finally got Allegiant. The book started out alright, with the middle part slightly confusing *spoiler alert* because there was so many deception and new characters were introduced and they teamed up with a new gang to fight the bad people but turns out the new gang was also lying and there was more lies and deception and chaos. Fighting and sacrificing and kissing and loving and fighting and suddenly, SOMEONE IMPORTANT DIES. That really shook me. I kept reading on, in hopes that the character would pop up and just say "I wouldn't die, you idiot". But nooooooooooo. The other half has to live on with grief and guilt and remorse. How could you, Veronica. They could've lived happily ever after in a better world which was made possible because of that dead character of yours with perfect little beautiful babies. The book gave me a big nope. Nope nope and nope. It was lucky that it was already late at night and I was alone reading this book because I cried.

So I just read The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, like finally. It's been almost two years that I intended on buying and reading it, but finally this year I got to it and I finished it in a single day. I have to say, I cried. Like a baby.

*spoiler alert*

You don't just create some prefect flawless character (although he had only one leg, but he was still perfect) and then just kill him off. You don't do that.

But still, I find that the story was beautifully written. True love portrayed was sweet but not cheesy, fiction but not fake. They were just, what, 16 years old? And they have to go through all these?

Two days later, which is today, I started and finished Looking for Alaska which also is by John Green. I see similarities of his writing in this novel and The Fault in our Stars. Nevertheless, this book won the Printz Award and it was Green's debut novel. It's about a seemed-to-be boring guy, Miles Halter, who meets trouble-seeking, fun and gorgeous Alaska Young. Again, there's *spoiler alert* death in this story, which is AGAIN a big NOPE for me. It was all so sudden. I kept reading and reading and reading because of the title. I thought she wasn't dead, and they will start on an adventure to look for her. Turns out it wasn't that kind of "looking". The title is true though, they WERE looking for Alaska.

Anyways regarding the title, it was because of this awesome cover by my friend Emily and her brother Jeremy, whose voice I did not recognize because I haven't heard him since like 5 years ago when he was yet to reach puberty.


Have I mentioned, I love reading?

No comments: